Before you learn how to do HIIT on a bike, you should know that HIIT is an excellent technique to increase your fitness and burn a lot of calories in a short period of time. But while HIIT is a great, efficient workout option, it may not be right for every person.
If you are someone looking for an effective HIIT workout, air bikes are a terrific piece of equipment that can be used for a number of activities. We enjoy using this equipment in all sorts of workouts, especially HIIT.
In this article, we’ll show you how to do HIIT on a bike, using the Bells of Steel Blitz Air Bike 2.0.
How To Do HIIT On a Bike
- Set up your screen to get ready for the workout. There are three settings that you can choose from – 10/20 interval, 20/10 interval and Custom Interval.
- Push the pedal to get the screen to turn on. The console displays RPM, speed, interval times, distance, calories, watts, and heart rate.
- We recommend that you can start at least a 3-minute warm-up on the bike.
- Start your sprint in 20 seconds, and ride as aggressively as you can.
- Rest for 10 seconds.
- Repeat for a total of 8 rounds.
Benefits of HIIT on an Air Bike
When you use an air bike for HIIT, your workouts will not be as long, but they will be much more intensive. While you’d set a stationary bike at a certain resistance, the Blitz Air Bike on the other hand is different – the faster you pedal, the more resistance you generate. Plus, you also use your arms at the same time, which allows you to work both your upper and lower body together.
It’s also gentler and safer on your joints. The only thing that gets beat up is your heart and lungs!
How to Do HIIT on a Bike Summary
HIIT is based on the notion of doing various, constantly changing workouts at a high intensity for short periods of time, multiple times each week.
It’s a very dynamic and exhilarating workout that pushes your body to a wide range of movements.
The Blitz Air Bike is ideal for HIIT training as it allows athletes to set their own pace. The Blitz Air Bike can help you boost your muscle strength, burn body fat and help you “HIIT” your goals!
Bells of Steel USA Contact
Bells of Steel USA Showroom
6002 Corporate Way,
Indianapolis, IN 46278,
Phone: 1 317-981-5586